This is an Account Director role with a leading global PR firm in their fast-growing healthcare practice.
They have several teams looking for Directors in their Chicago office, where they have clients in women’s health, oncology, MS, among others. While local candidates are desirable, we’re open to remote. This agency has a generous and flexible WFH policy.
Their work spans corporate communications, product launches, celebrity and influencer campaigns and advocacy relations. Patient and consumer-facing campaigns are their focus, and some engagements also include physician/HCP audiences.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and nurture relationships by providing, direction and guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and clients
- Lead, develop and coach a team
- Develop quality standards, flawless execution and ensure client satisfaction
- Draw on our agency and cross functional resources, and bringing our clients the best what and how possible for every project
- Deliver state-of-the-art counsel and content to clients
- Deliver above expectations, continuing to fulfill the trusted client partner role
- Monitor shifts in the healthcare environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Mentor individuals so that they can achieve their professional goals
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on large-scale integrated communications campaigns
- Deep knowledge of the pharma regulatory landscape
- Experience with drug launches
- Digital Experience
- Experience, at an agency or in-house, managing a large pharmaceutical business.
- Experience on accounts that span multiple cities, integrated teams, across agency partners
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great track record of success leading teams and developing talent
- Proficiency in MS Office, advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation platforms
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- Propensity to organize thinking, break down complexity and manage shifting priorities at a fast pace