By Jen Selverian Job Descriptions November 17, 2022
We are seeking an Account Supervisor who can lead and take ownership of accounts in the lifestyle, design and wellness categories. The ideal candidate will have 7 + years of experience, excellent press relationships, and a proven track record in leading successful earned media campaigns that drive meaningful results.
We are a boutique, independent PR firm of 45 people with expertise in Home & Design, Arts & Culture and Food/Hospitality. We are now fully remote, with team members in NY, Palm Beach and across the US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results; report status of accounts to direct supervisor.
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively.
- Develop, review and approve agendas, press releases, pitches, recaps and other materials; approve activity reports, clipbooks and other internal documents.
- Play a major role in the creation of communications plans and goals; manage timing against them.
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications documents, plans, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both media outreach plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Manage client expectations and assist clients in maximizing the relationship with our agency.
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations.
- Participate in the new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation.
- Participate and/or lead brainstorm sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback and holding them accountable.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
Desired Skills And Experience
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- 7+/- years of PR agency, in-house or media/editorial experience
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- A demonstrated history of creative storytelling, securing coverage in print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Proven client relations and supervisory skills
- Note: This is a remote position. Full-time role with benefits