Every campaign starts with defining the right audience. As an Associate Director, Data and Targeting, you’ll serve as a translator between theory and practice to identify and construct the best data sets to make our clients’ campaigns possible.
As part of our Insights team, this role will work with a variety of data sets ranging from client customer data, the voter file, B2B prospecting data, and behavioral, location, + social media data. Across groups ranging from voters for Presidential campaigns and DC elites for Fortune 100 brands — you’ll derive insights about an audience, map the best way to reach them, and determine the right tradeoffs between reach and precision to accomplish strategic goals.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and a sharp critical thinker. You know when something seems “off” in a data set, and using a combination of your data intuition and data science skillset, can quickly spot patterns and evaluate quality. And, you’re excited to vet new products and partnerships to ensure that our clients have access to the most modern thinking and tools.
The role is with a digital marketing & communications agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation, and social impact. They deliver integrated communications and advertising campaigns to corporate brands, social causes and political candidates – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
It can be based in any of their office locations: Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago or New York.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build audiences for targeting, research, and measurement using a variety of 1P and 3P data sets.
- Identify strategic and tactical tradeoffs to determine the right audience size + data mix. Work closely with the Paid Media team to fine-tune audiences to accomplish client goals.
- Develop path-to-victory analyses for electorally-focused clients. Understand and correct for gaps in traditional political data sets by supplementing with other data sources.
- Derive insights about consumption habits across channels, properties, brands, and content to share with teams across the agency
- Evaluate new data sources and partnerships
- Help define our product roadmap, including our B2B targeting tool, and our database of DC elites
Desired Skills And Experience
- Intellectually curious with a strong sense of data intuition and critical thinking. You think in first principles and are able to spot discrepancy in a data set from a mile away.
- A product-focused mindset. After you’ve done a task for the first time, you can articulate a plan to scale and systematize it across a team.
- 3-5 years of data + targeting experience. Experience with both political and corporate data strongly preferred.
- Extremely proficient in SQL, with a proven ability to teach and train others
- Experience with paid media and ad tech strongly preferred
- Familiarity with social media monitoring tools strongly preferred