Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Associate Director, Digital Marketing to join the team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for for leading integrated editorial and paid media strategy for brands and thought leaders. We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for innovation. Someone who pushes past roadblocks and focuses on the possibilities over practicalities. You’ll work closely with clients to identify their needs or challenges and recommend targeted, creative solutions. The ideal candidate is a person who loves thinking through messaging approaches, developing campaign ideas, drafting content and using results & insights to inform & improve future work.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time focused on digital & social efforts in corporate communications, at a PR agency, strategic research firm, on campaigns, or in the government. Experience with B2C/B2B Financial clients is desirable, especially corporate branding, executive comms and crisis messaging.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. We’re a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
Ideally, this hire would be based in the agency’s NYC office working with local clients once they reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work on corporate, public affairs, and other client related campaigns and projects
- Develop communications and digital strategies for the agency’s clients, including content development and amplification through paid or owned channels for organizations, companies and executive thought leaders
- Lead day-to-day client management and project management across assigned accounts and workstreams
- Serve as a proactive resource for clients; track and solve client needs
- Analyze and help shape a client’s voice into compelling content for platforms and outlets from social media to mainstream news outlets
- Review and provide feedback on paid media plans produced in tandem with the agency’s paid media team
- Work closely with the agency’s research experts to ensure key findings are applied consistently across campaign strategy
- Review, edit and provide feedback on copy produced by junior copywriters and digital strategists
- Coordinate with the agency’s creative services team (design, video, etc.) to shepherd concepts from idea to execution
- Support new business proposal and presentation development as needed
- Develop and deliver informal and formal presentations to clients and internal teams
Desired Skills And Experience
- 7+ years experience in advertising, marketing, PR or digital client services
- Experience and familiarity with corporate communications, digital and online advertising
- Experience editing copy for digital advertising or branded content
- Familiarity with the digital landscape, interactive strategy, design, and production, as well as tactics to use social media
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and time-management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Excels in fast-paced work environments and juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the ability to work independently and self-directed
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite