Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Associate Director, Strategic Communications to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and creating effective strategic communications efforts for non-profit, corporate and political clients. You’ll assist the team by developing campaign ideas, drafting content and leading the overall project management of client deliverables.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in corporate communications, at a PR agency, strategic research firm, on campaigns, or in the government. Experience with B2C/B2B Tech or Environmental clients is desirable, especially corporate branding, executive comms and crisis messaging.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. We’re a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. We work alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies, organizations and causes – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
Ideally, this hire would be based in our San Francisco office working with West coast clients once we reopen. However, we’ll consider remote candidates as well.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the highest level of client service on a daily basis through account management, proactively developing earned, paid and owned campaign ideas for multiple clients, while also managing staff to successfully contribute and support campaigns
- Serve as a strategic partner to the team lead by monitoring developments in key client issue areas and identifying opportunities for further client engagement
- Independently manage earned media campaigns to develop and distribute compelling messages leveraging the media and event strategies
- Create effective messages, produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as press releases, blog posts, op-eds, social media content, client memos, and presentations (often under tight timelines)
- Oversee and provide input to the creation of editorial calendars to guide a client’s communications strategy
- Champion the team’s communication and collaboration efforts across our service teams, coordinating with designers, direct marketers, media planners, and client managers to provide impactful campaigns for our clients
- Participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks to address the needs of potential clients
- Provide input to the development of department tasks and plans, while supporting the implementation of the company’s strategic vision
Desired Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of public affairs, strategic communications, or public relations experience, preferably in a communications agency, nonprofit, political or corporate communications setting
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills
- The ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight timelines
- Media relations experience and existing reporter relationships
- Proven project management experience that includes managing deliverables for multiple clients
- Extremely strong writing and editing capabilities with experience managing social media campaigns
- Comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for clients
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat
- Knowledge of Cision or Meltwater is a plus