Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Director of Buying to join our growing Paid Media Team. In this position, you will ensure the successful execution, management, and optimization of our clients’ paid media campaigns. You’ll help to run a team of digital media buying experts, and coordinate across teams to execute successful campaigns.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in fast-paced environments and is passionate about RTB media. The Director will need to understand and meet our clients’ expectations — and help manage a team of people to do the same. This is a “player-coach” role: The perfect person for this position is comfortable running paid media programs in social media, search, and programmatic advertising platforms, and can teach others to do the same!
This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. This hire could be based in any of our offices, or FULLY REMOTE.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work efficiently across numerous clients through effective communication, project management, and creative problem-solving
- Identify areas for team-wide workflow and process improvements, working with team leadership to implement them
- Attract, retain, and improve media buying talent through effective management, mentorship, and training
- Act as senior-level agency point of contact with selected ad tech partners, inventory suppliers, and data providers
- Make decisions on new tech and tools for the team to adopt, assist in negotiating their contracts, and help effectively onboard them to the team
- Set-up, QA, implement, and provide oversight of paid media campaigns across multiple advertising channels
- Monitor campaign delivery, report on performance, and proactively provide recommendations to ensure campaigns meet and exceed client KPIs
- Create, manage, and present internal team documentation and processes, and train the team on media buying processes and best practices
Desired Skills And Experience
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience with search, social, and programmatic buying platforms including: Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Campaign Manager, and the Trade Desk
- Experience running campaigns for corporate, political, or public affairs clients
- Experience with or knowledge of outcome-driven experimental design and audience opinion surveys
- A proactive and disciplined self-starter with an innate curiosity for learning new things
- A sense of urgency to get things done one time, and on time
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- The ability to effectively prioritize projects and produce results in a fast-changing environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills