Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Digital Director with a focus on social content and corporate communications to join the team. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and creating effective strategic communications efforts for non-profit, corporate and political clients. You’ll lead the team and provide strategic direction, while developing a variety of client deliverables.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in corporate communications, at a PR agency, strategic research firm, on campaigns, or in the government. Experience with B2C/B2B Tech or Retail clients is desirable, especially corporate branding, social responsibility, and public affairs efforts.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. They work alongside clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies, organizations and causes – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
Ideally, this hire would be based in the agency’s Washington, DC office working with local clients once they reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help lead strategic direction across a variety of clients.
- Act as a primary point of contact for clients; track and solve client issues.
- Strong political or advocacy acumen and background.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the industry and client business needs.
- Find meaningful opportunities for clients and lead the development of a campaign strategy and orchestrate its implementation.
- Act as a mentor and leader for those members who support your clients.
- Maintain strong active relationships with key client partners at executive management levels.
- Be poised in complex project environments, working with both long-range and short-term business objectives and management of multiple partners.
- Developing and delivering formal and informal presentations to clients as well as internal team members.
- Develop a variety of client deliverables from social content to strategy memorandums.
- Be part of a growing company and talented senior staff team.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 6+ years in Advertising/Marketing/PR client services.
- 3+ years in communications, digital, online advertising (persuasion or direct response).
- Previous direct management experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering business needs and establishing relationships with senior level clients.
- Have deep understanding of the digital landscape, interactive strategy, design, production and project management as well as tactics to use social media.
- Ability to translate client’s goals and objectives into actionable & measurable digital marketing and advertising programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Strong social, customer service, presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills.
- Proven ability to balance revenue, client happiness and operational responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools.
- Report to a Managing Director and play a significant role guiding client and team work.