Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Digital Director with experience working on political & advocacy campaigns to join the team. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and creating effective strategic communications efforts for non-profit, corporate and political clients. You’ll lead the team and provide strategic direction, while developing a variety of client deliverables.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in corporate communications, at a PR agency, strategic research firm, on campaigns, or in the government. Experience with B2C/B2B Tech or Environmental clients is desirable, especially corporate branding, executive comms and crisis messaging.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. They work alongside clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies, organizations and causes – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
Ideally, this hire would be based in the agency’s Washington, DC office working with local clients once they reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help lead strategic direction across a variety of political, public affairs, corporate, and cause-driven clients.
- Act as a primary point of contact for clients; track and solve client issues.
- Find meaningful opportunities for clients, lead the development of a campaign strategy, and orchestrate its implementation.
- Act as a mentor and leader for those members who support your clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of advertising and communications industry and client business needs.
- Maintain strong active relationships with key client partners at both senior and mid-management levels.
- Be poised in complex project environments and ensure success with both long-range and short-term business objectives and management of multiple partners.
- Deliver formal and informal presentations to clients as well as internal team members.
- Develop a variety of client deliverables including data-informed reporting, content, and strategy memorandums.
- Be part of a growing company and talented senior staff team.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 6+ years in Advertising/Marketing/PR client service/Political efforts.
- 3+ years in communications, digital, online advertising (persuasion or direct response).
- Previous direct management experience.
- Strong political, advocacy, and/or public affairs acumen and background
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering business needs and establishing relationships with senior-level clients.
- Ability to translate client’s goals and objectives into actionable and measurable digital marketing and advertising programs.
- Have a deep understanding of the digital landscape, interactive strategy, social media, design, production, and project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Strong social, customer service, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills.
- Proven ability to balance revenue, client happiness, and operational responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools.
- Report to a Managing Director and play a significant role guiding the client and team’s work.