Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time full time Supervisor, Media Planning. In this position, you’ll be responsible for media planning and campaign management/optimization on a broad range of corporate, advocacy, and political accounts. You’ll work closely with the team’s leadership, manage a team of Media Planners and coordinate across teams to plan and execute overall campaign strategy.
Our ideal candidate comes from media or digital marketing agencies, has a passion for managing digital advertising campaigns, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a confident strategic lead, comfortable presenting media plans spanning social, search, and programmatic.
This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. This hire could be based in any of our offices, and we expect that we’ll return to some combination of remote + in-office work, with plenty of flexibility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Own the success of complex client programs by understanding big-picture client goals, making strategic recommendations to accomplish them, and empowering teammates to work towards them
- Develop plans to align with client/campaign objectives and work closely with client teams to ensure media plans deliver upon the agreed upon strategies and approach
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and share knowledge with the team
- Help ensure the full team executes campaigns consistent with BPI’s standards and media point of view by creating, managing, and improving internal team documentation and processes
- Manage vendor communications, requests for proposals and negotiate items such as rates, terms and conditions and added value
- Directly manage media planners by helping to prioritize task flow, identify common issues to address, and ensure consistent quality of work (eligible for direct reports 6 months into role)
- Help retain and improve talent on the Buying team through effective management, mentorship, and training
Desired Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of media planning experience, ideally in a media agency, digital marketing or political firm
- Hands-on experience planning, optimizing and reporting on digital, search, paid social, and programmatic campaigns
- Working knowledge of planning tools (including but not limited to Global Web Index, comScore, eMarketer)
- Passionate about the intersection of media, technology, and creative
- A proactive and disciplined self-starter with an innate curiosity for learning new things
- A sense of urgency to get things done meticulously & on time
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- The ability to effectively prioritize projects and produce results in a fast-changing environment