By Jen Selverian Job Descriptions December 12, 2021
Our client is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. Their suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
They’re headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and work with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties.
The Director, Influencer Marketing for Spirits will ideally work out of the NYC office, and we expect a mix of in-office and remote days. Experience in spirits/beer/beverage, or other regulated category, is a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversite of all influencer relationships and campaigns for 5-6 brands within the Client portfolio inclusive of the full life cycle of the program (research, procurement, deal development, management of execution & measurement).
- Day-to-day management of 4-10 campaigns in markets at a time (in partnership with Account team and Influencer Manager), ensuring a high quality of work output across all deliverables while adhering to deadlines and budget parameters.
- Participation in the development of program/campaign ideas in the influencer space inclusive of content creative, influencer usage or earned opportunities.
- In partnership with social strategy team, development of brand influencer strategies and approach specifically around size and scale, archetype, and channel priorities.
- Research, identification, and negotiation for all influencers.
- Management of junior team member to review, manage and track all influencer content deliverables for campaigns.
- Ownership and creation of all influencer contracts with a strong knowledge in Federal Trade Commission guidelines (FTC) and standard deals.
- Management of existing relationships within the digital influencer community (MCN’s, Talent Agencies, Content Creators, Media Platforms, etc.)
- Serve as a subject matter expert proactively bringing thought leadership and trends both to the agency team and to Client partners.
- Oversite (in partnership with measurement team) of proprietary dashboard and data base to track and measure all campaigns.
- Ongoing business development and growth within the portfolio based on key client relationships, opportunistic pitches, ideation and overall quality/health of the business.
- Team management including the personal development of 1+ direct reports via career pathing, goal setting and ongoing mentorship.
Desired Skills And Experience
- At least 5-8 years of experience relevant to the role and industry with strong work examples and references.
- A deep knowledge of influencer marketing including pricing and valuation, term development and platform performance.
- Strong, proven industry contacts and relationships with agents, reps, managers and lawyers a mandatory.
- An understanding of brand marketing and the role influencer plays in the overall channel strategy for a brand.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in agency talent to produce great work for clients.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to deliver quality recommendations