As our Director of Product Marketing for the US Federal Government and Department of Defense, you will own and drive the creation of core positioning, messaging, and foundational content in the DoD and Federal Government space. You’ll seek out the needs and decision making requirements of key stakeholders and use customer and market insights to drive the product marketing strategy. In this role, you’ll help us position and sell new products in new markets, while supporting product management, growth marketing, communications, and sales in day-to-day business.
This role reports to the EVP, Marketing and will partner closely with our product management team to ensure marketing strategy and messaging are in alignment with our product strategy. This is a new role with a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in helping bring a new product to market designed to protect critical infrastructure from malicious attackers.
We are a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. We specialize in cybersecurity technology for operational systems, data collection, and insights for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Have a deep understanding of the US Federal Government – specifically the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community – including their cybersecurity needs, pain points, and regulatory requirements from the perspective of a senior decision maker
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with prospects and differentiates our product from competitors
- Conceptualize and create core content for the Defense product solution
- Create high value tools, training and other materials for our sales teams
- Support the growth marketing team with content needs for events and digital marketing
- Develop a broad understanding of the market landscape to identify key areas of competitive differentiation
- Support thought leadership in the marketplace by effectively representing the solution through social media and at conferences, events and seminars
- Build relationships with partner community and technology professionals and support their technical requirements
- Assist in creating demos and sales presentations
- Partner with product management and sales in creating go-to-market plans
Desired Skills And Experience
- 7-10+ years of experience in a product marketing, product management, or technical sales/sales engineering role at an enterprise software or hardware company
- Track record of successfully creating and executing marketing plans encompassing strategy, customer research, competitive analysis, product requirements, messaging, and pricing
- Experience initiating and driving a range of go to market programs including, webinars, trade shows, social media and content marketing
- Superior public speaking, written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to C-level and partner level audiences
- Ability to solicit and synthesize competitive insights from customers and other industry sources to provide timely and actionable guidance to product and sales teams
- Demonstrated ability to get things done
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.