Digital agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing Analytics with experience working with ad tech, data visualization, testing strategies & paid media analytics. In this position, you will be responsible for exploring the latest in ad tech & platform policies, defining best practices, and leading by example in efficient & accurate data analysis. You’ll also empower the Paid Media team to have easy access to the data and visualizations they need to make smart decisions for our clients.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in marketing analytics, working with data at a digital media agency, research firm, on campaigns, or in the government.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. This hire can be based out of any of the agency’s offices (NYC, Chicago, Wash DC, or SF) working with local clients once they reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain the agency’s Datorama infrastructure, keeping their paid media reporting tools up-to-date and accurate
- Create and maintain both internal optimization dashboards and executive client dashboards
- Improve the agency’s marketing analytics tech stack, including audience pushing, measurement planning, and data enablement
- Set and measure agency-wide benchmarks for quality, accuracy, and performance across ad delivery. Consistently evaluate targeting and measurement partners, and make recommendations for improvement
- Implement analytics + tracking tools and site tags to support program measurement
- Drive advanced analytics (e.g. MTA, MMM) theory and implementation
- Work with Media Planners, Buyers, and the Labs team to automate and streamline data-related tasks
- Develop training plans for a team of analysts
- Stay abreast of industry trends and help define future roadmaps for the agency’s offerings
Desired Skills And Experience
- Intellectually curious with a strong sense of data intuition and critical thinking. You think in first principles and are able to spot a discrepancy in a data set from a mile away
- A product-focused mindset. After you’ve done a task for the first time, you can articulate a plan to scale and systematize it across a team
- 4-8 years of marketing analytics experience with a focus on data enablement, data visualization, measurement planning and thought leadership around ad tech and futureproofing
- Deep experience in Datorama or similar BI tool platform
- Experience with log-level ad or clickstream data and data warehouses strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of management experience