Our client, the leading ad platform for on-campus college advertising, is seeking a full-time Director of Research & Analytics.
This fast-growing startup has a presence at almost every college in the country and the ability to reach 20 million students through campus billboards, student influencers, campus email newsletters, college newspapers, digital ads, SMS, and more. They operate as the college partner to their clients – from Fortune 500 brands to presidential campaigns and pretty much everyone in the progressive political community.
In this position, you will deliver insights that help their clients market to college students and optimize ad campaigns on the platform. You will draw on existing data and field new research, using compelling data visualizations to bring insights to life. By taking/growing/professionalizing these functions currently done by the founders, you’ll be at the center of their work.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in an Audience/Media Research or Digital Media Analytics role, working with data at an advertising agency, research firm, media company or publisher. We’re especially interested in someone that comes from progressive politics, especially elections work, and speaks the language of their advertisers.
This is a remote role & candidates should be able to work in a continental US time zone.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Position the company the expert on college marketing: own the research calendar, identify/prioritize/execute opportunities for study, and manage student surveys, monthly partner digests, marketing materials, etc.
- Make clients the best informed college marketers: lead the process to build out a suite of tools and data visualizations to support specific clients and the wider progressive community to learn more about target audiences through data dashboards, focus groups, qualitative and quantitative research, and more
- Lead campaign measurement: track partner metrics through strong measurement implementation that measure campaign benchmarks and prove efficacy
- Manage relationships with outside data and analytics vendors
Desired Skills And Experience
- Significant experience in a research and analytics focused role
- Ability to balance competing priorities from multiple internal teams and external partners
- Substantial writing and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability for learning and analyzing college students’ habits and behaviors
- Proactive mindset in recognizing opportunities for research and an outside-the-box approach to experiment creation
- Strong working knowledge of VAN, as well as experience working with data firms
- Heavy experience using Excel and SQL
- Experience with Tableau and Python
- Experience on a political campaign or at a progressive org
- Experience at large-scale brand advertiser or agency