This is an Account Management role with a focus on Spanish and Hispanic voter targeted content and creative development. This position will work closely with Client Strategists, Creative and Media Planning to develop strategies to communicate with and move Hispanic voters and activists and advance our clients’ goals. Reports to VP, Client Strategy.
It is a full-time position with a Washington, DC-based digital marketing agency that represents clients in the political, advocacy & nonprofit sectors. It’s anticipated that the role will be remote thru January 2022. Thereafter, someone able to work with team in DC office is strongly preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with senior strategists and client teams to develop overarching messaging strategy and creative development strategies for targeted audiences
- Collaborate with media teams to identify best practices and channels to reach targeted audiences
- Collaborate with client teams to execute targeted digital campaigns for agency clients, such as campaigns, ballot initiatives, campaign committees and nonprofits
- Works closely with clients and the client strategy team to understand each client’s unique messaging and strategy, translating that to relevant internal teams
- Collaborate with the design and video team to stay on top of current styles and best practices, and help our clients be digital trendsetters
- Develops email, ad and social content concepts and works collaboratively with the Content Strategists to execute ideas
- Contribute creative content ideas for social content ideation, actively participating in meetings and brainstorms
- Research and maintain knowledge of digital content trends
- Actively tracks current events and news as they relate to client issues and localities and integrates into content planning and messaging campaigns
- Keep informed & up-to-date about the issue areas they work on regularly
- Maintain a grasp of client voices and tone, regularly and intentionally learning new client voices
- Participate in business development process as needed
Desired Skills And Experience
Required Education and Experience
- 3-6 years of digital marketing experience in an advertising or multicultural agency, PR firm, advocacy group, political organization or similar environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic candidates and causes
- Demonstrated fluency in Spanish
- Political experience such as one election cycle of digital work at a campaign, party committee, or political action committee, or similar non-profit experience is strongly desired
- Experience with managing and/or developing Hispanic outreach and/or media campaigns
- Experience interfacing with multiple clients
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure, while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated, action oriented, and client focused
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a business casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is primarily sedentary in the Washington, DC office and may require some bending and lifting up to 20 pounds on occasion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.