Communications agency that specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact is seeking a full-time Messaging and Measurement Associate with experience working with data, corporate communications, & political/advocacy campaigns to join the growing Messaging and Measurement team. In this position, you will be responsible for leading research design and analysis for political, advocacy & corporate clients.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in corporate communications, working with data at a strategic research firm, on campaigns, or in the government. Experience with B2C/B2B Tech or Environmental clients is desirable, especially corporate branding, executive comms and crisis messaging.
Candidates should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and internal teams across multiple states and time zones. This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. They work alongside clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies, organizations and causes – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
Ideally, this hire would be based in the agency’s NYC/Washington, DC office working with local clients once they reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work on corporate, public affairs, political and other client-related research projects
- Oversee creation of client deliverables such as toplines, crosstabs, and time-series analyses
- Design survey questionnaires and focus group interview guides. Produce first draft analysis on research projects – in both written and visual form.
- Support new business proposals and presentation development
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team and clients as directed
- Support the management and training of research analysts
Desired Skills And Experience
- 1-7 years experience with polling, surveys, research methodology, quantitative data, and analysis
- Experience and familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research, data analytics, and statistical analysis techniques
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and time-management skills
- Excels in fast-paced work environments and juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the ability to work independently and self-directed
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- An understanding of relational databases and how to access/analyze them with languages such as SQL preferred
- Experience analyzing survey data using R, SPSS, Crunch, or another survey processing system
- Familiarly with voter files strongly preferred
- Experience managing others