Digital marketing agency that specializes in political, advocacy & nonprofit is seeking a full-time full time Digital Director, Paid Media. In this position, you will oversee training and implementation of media strategy, and manage a team of direct reports. The Director serves as a key liaison between the Media team and Partners/VPs.
This role will join a 10-person Paid Media team and mentor several direct reports. Typical engagements include video, display, paid social and premium networks with the goals of voter persuasion and turnout, awareness, and advocacy.
This is a Washington, D.C. based agency, open to fully remote for the right candidate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversees day-to-day workflow of the Media department
- Works with Operations and VPs to set and meet department staffing objectives
- Supervises and trains senior media planners and media planners with the assistance of department VPs
- Establishes and manages ongoing reporting processes to keep the Partners up to date on the programs and achievements of the Media team
- Researches industry benchmarks and establishes best practices to ensure the agency is viewed as a leader in the industry
- Implements processes and documentation for department to ensure expectations are met and department work products are meeting agency standards
- Oversees internal media planning processes
- Develops relationships with vendors, evaluates new products and educates staff on ad tech
- Participating in buying calls with clients and traditional media firms as necessary to ensure plans complement the full range of paid media the client is employing
- Produce media plans that achieve goals of the agency’s clients, including political candidates, ballot initiatives, campaign committees, advocacy organizations and nonprofits
- Supervise Senior Media Planners’ and Media Planners’ work and take on responsibility for junior staff’s professional development
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Desired Skills And Experience
- At least five years experience managing digital media planning and buying, ideally for political campaigns, nonprofits or advocacy organizations.
- Experience buying in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, DoubleClick, Google DV360, other programmatic ad networks.
- Demonstrated experience working with Excel/Google Sheets and managing complex data. Familiarity with DataStudio desired, but not required.
- Experience working with and managing vendor relationships.
- Experience working directly with clients, including presenting complex plans and
- At least three years experience managing junior staff.
- Competency with Mac and PC computers including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of media planning for political campaign objectives, including voter persuasion and turnout, brand awareness, and advocacy
- Experience working with clients, including translating client goals into robust media plans
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic candidates and causes
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned.
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated, action oriented, and client focused