NYC-based communications agency is looking for an Account Executive to join their Food & Lifestyle team, working with hard cider, vegan food, candy and ride service clients. We’re looking for someone who enjoys designing stylish events and fostering relationships with culinary media contacts & influencers, with about 1-2 years of experience in the industry.
This role will be responsible for writing pitches, building media lists, planning & attending events and building relationships with press & clients. It will join a well-staffed team with SAE, AS, AD & VP, where ownership is encouraged and they’ll have access to strong mentors.
The ideal candidate is someone with a vision to bring fun PR campaigns to life! This work environment thrives on a flexible “Work from Anywhere” policy with a potential hybrid NYC office in the fall. Additionally, there is room to expand work into art & design, beauty, wellness, etc.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prioritize own work, meet deadlines, and actively communicate progress and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a network of traditional and online media contacts.
- Create targeted media lists for broadcast, online, and print outlets, as well as digital influencers.
- Draft pitches and conduct proactive outreach to media outlets.
- Draft press materials, ensuring quality and consistency such as press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and case studies.
- Daily client interaction to update report on and discuss media relations.
- Responsible (in conjunction with the AAE) for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts.
- Attend and facilitate media interviews/editor desk side appointments; network with reporters and editors.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients and new business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful PR campaigns.
- Supervise and manage junior staff on respective accounts on account management, research, projects and more.
- Complete individual tasks with minimal supervision.
- Serve as an active member of the team and demonstrate team-player attitude.
Desired Skills And Experience
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- 1-2 years of PR agency, in-house or media/editorial experience
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a collaborative environment
- Experience and understanding of PR databases/tools – i.e. Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- Superior written and verbal communication skills