By Jen Selverian Job Descriptions December 5, 2022
We are seeking a Sr. Account Executive to support clients in the lifestyle, design and wellness categories. The ideal candidate will have 3 + years of experience, excellent press relationships, and a proven track record of contributing to successful earned media campaigns that drive meaningful results.
We are a boutique, independent PR firm of 45 people with expertise in Home & Design, Arts & Culture and Food/Hospitality. We are now fully remote, with team members in NY, Palm Beach and across the US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving earned media outreach plans.
- Strong media relationships in diverse consumer goods categories.
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results; report status of accounts to direct supervisor.
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively.
- Develop, review and approve agendas, press releases, pitches, recaps and other materials; approve activity reports, clipbooks and other internal documents.
- Play a major role in the creation of communications plans and goals; manage timing against them.
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications documents, plans, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Manage client expectations and assist clients in maximizing the agency relationship.
- Supervise junior staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback and holding them accountable.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
Desired Skills And Experience
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- 3+/- years of PR agency, in-house or media/editorial experience
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- A demonstrated history of creative storytelling, securing coverage in print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Note: This is a remote position. Full-time role with benefits