Climate change is one of the most intractable challenges that civilization has ever faced: how to get people to care about climate change and take action on this existential threat.
Potential Energy Coalition is taking on this challenge by tapping the best minds in marketing, media and creative to change attitudes and beliefs and motivate substantive action on climate change. To do so, we are building an industry-wide marketing capability, driven by insights and supported by a coalition of the very best talent in academia and industry, to launch and support campaigns about this issue.
The Senior Manager, Analytics role is an incredibly challenging and exciting opportunity: surfacing quantitative insights to motivate human beings to care about climate change and measure the effectiveness of programs that motivate that care. Humans are not wired to accept and act on threats that are perceived as long term and that require collective action to solve. At Potential Energy, our mission is to change these dynamics – and we are looking for a talented Analytics professional to help lead the way.
You are a leader and doer with proven experience building analytics infrastructure, surfacing quantitative insights, and measuring marketing program effectiveness. You have a combination of technical skills, practical experience, and innate curiosity and drive to leverage the best tools, techniques and approaches that will make this the leading organization for insights regarding climate change communications globally.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop strategy to persuade people and political leaders to care about climate change and design the data and analytics platform to facilitate it.
- Build and manage a cutting edge, closed-loop marketing ‘engine’ to continuously reach and optimize marketing efforts, driving down costs. Oversee audience database and manage audience analytics to inform targeting, messaging and campaign optimization.
- Oversee day-to-day campaign analytics efforts, making data-driven optimizations informed by overall program strategies.
- Develop, manage and implement rigorous program measurement. Leverage cutting edge tools and techniques in order to measure impact. E.g., measure overall campaign impact, cross-channel impact, social conversation change, online behavior change etc.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, Data Analytics or another field with a quantitative component.
- 7+ years of experience as an analytical lead at a consulting firm, marketing agency, or direct-to-consumer brand.
- Experience manipulating large sets of ad data across programmatic, search, and social media channels.
- Experience building multi-touch attribution models, attitudinal shifts measurement, and, building custom audience models.
- Entrepreneurial, comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Expert proficiency with SQL, Tableau, and R or Python.
- Expertise in marketing campaign measurement, closed-loop marketing and research.
- Experience with rapid A/B testing of creative, landing page design, etc.
- Strong strategic thinker, quick learner and good listener and collaborator.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; able to connect the dots and see outcomes and possibilities that go beyond specific numbers.
- Strong communicator; has passion, a point of view, conviction and persuasion skills.
- Experience with social advocacy or political campaigns is a plus.
Potential Energy is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.