Marketing & communications agency that specializes in corporate communications/reputation/thought leadership is seeking a full-time Associate Director, Strategic Communications. This role will join a Wash DC-based team focused on crypto/fintech/blockchain technology clients. We’ll consider candidates based in Wash DC or NYC that can come to the office at least 2x/week.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and creating effective strategic communications efforts for companies, brands, and public affairs clients. You’ll lead client engagements, develop campaign ideas, draft and edit content, lead overall project management of client deliverables, and help run the day-to-day of the team, in partnership with team leads.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has spent time focusing on corporate or executive communications, with experience at a communications/PR agency. They should feel their best working within fast-paced environments, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be experienced working across a variety of issues and with multiple teams. Experience with/or a curiosity about modern technology policy is a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the highest level of client service daily through account management, proactively developing earned and owned campaign ideas for clients
- Serve as a strategic partner to the team lead by monitoring developments in key client issue areas and identifying opportunities for further client engagement
- Independently manage earned media campaigns to develop and distribute compelling messages leveraging the media and event strategies
- Create effective messages, produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as press releases, blog posts, op-eds, social media content, client memos and presentations, (often) under tight timelines
- Oversee and provide input to the creation of editorial calendars to guide a client’s communications strategy
- Champion the team’s communication and collaboration efforts across our service teams, coordinating with designers, direct marketers, media planners, and client managers to provide impactful campaigns for our clients
- Participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks to address the needs of potential clients
- Provide input to the development of department tasks and plans, while supporting the implementation of the company’s strategic vision
Desired Skills And Experience
- 4+ years of public relations experience for corporate/B2B clients, preferably in a communications agency or corporate communications setting
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight timelines
- Media relations experience and existing reporter relationships
- Proven project management experience, including overseeing a team managing deliverables for multiple clients
- Strong writing and editing capabilities with experience managing social media campaigns
- Experience managing and providing clear feedback to team members
- Comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for clients
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat
- Knowledge of Cision or Meltwater is a plus