Marketing & communications agency that specializes in corporate communications/reputation/thought leadership is seeking a full-time Senior Director, Strategic Communications. This role will join a Wash DC-based team focused on crypto/fintech/blockchain clients. We’ll consider candidates based in Wash DC or NYC that can come to the office at least 2x/week. Experience with/or a curiosity about modern technology policy is a plus.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and creating effective strategic communications efforts for high-profile corporate brands and cause/advocacy groups. You’ll lead client engagements in whole or in part. You’ll develop campaign ideas, draft content, lead the overall project management of client deliverables, and help run the day-to-day of the team.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has spent time focusing on corporate or executive communications, with experience at a communications/PR agency or on the Hill. They should feel their best working within fast-paced environments, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be experienced working across a variety of issues and with multiple teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the highest level of client service daily through account management, proactively developing earned and owned campaign ideas for clients
- Serve as a strategic partner to the team lead by monitoring developments in key client issue areas and identifying opportunities for further client engagement
- Independently manage earned media campaigns to develop and distribute compelling messages leveraging the media and event strategies
- Create effective messages, produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as press releases, blog posts, op-eds, social media content, client memos and presentations, (often) under tight timelines
- Oversee and provide input to the creation of editorial calendars to guide a client’s communications strategy
- Champion the team’s communication and collaboration efforts across our service teams, coordinating with designers, direct marketers, media planners, and client managers to provide impactful campaigns for our clients
- Participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks to address the needs of potential clients
- Provide input to the development of department tasks and plans, while supporting the implementation of the company’s strategic vision
Desired Skills And Experience
- 8+ years of public relations experience for corporate/B2B/financial clients, preferably in a communications agency, government or corporate communications setting
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight timelines
- Media relations experience and existing reporter relationships
- Proven project management experience, including overseeing a team managing deliverables for multiple clients
- Strong writing and editing capabilities with experience managing social media campaigns
- Experience managing and providing clear feedback to team members
- Comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for clients
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat
- Knowledge of Cision or Meltwater is a plus