Digital agency that specializes in corporate branding, public affairs and advocacy is seeking a full-time Senior Director, Strategic Communications to join our team.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the agency’s Partners & Executive Leaders on a wide variety of accounts. You will need to excel at working collaboratively and effectively communicating with internal, cross office and cross department team members to ensure timelines and quality expectations for client deliverables are met. You will work with agency partners and other senior leaders to develop and pitch new business opportunities. You should be capable of managing the agency’s existing clients and establishing new client relationships.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has spent time in corporate communications, at a communications or PR agency, a strategic research firm, or in the government. They should thrive and enjoy being a part of fast-paced environments, understand the pace and flow of client expectations while striving to exceed them, and be experienced working with clients and teams across multiple states and time zones. This is a growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. They work alongside their clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies, organizations and causes – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
This hire can be based out of any of the agency’s office locations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- 10+ years of public affairs, strategic communications or public relations experience, preferably in a communications agency, nonprofit, political or corporate communications setting
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight timelines
- Proven project management experience, including overseeing a team managing deliverables for multiple clients
- Media relations experience and existing reporter relationships
Desired Skills And Experience
- Extremely strong writing and editing capabilities
- Experience managing and providing clear feedback to team members
- Comfortable handling strategic planning and daily execution of services for clients
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Knowledge of Cision or Meltwater