By Jen Selverian Job Descriptions June 27, 2022
Our client, a global healthcare leader and agency network, is hiring an SVP, Management Director to lead a capable team for an oncology/rare disease client, plus partner with the executive team on new business efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
Partner with Managing Director to review and qualify RFPs. Lead team in the development of new business pitches, including research insights, creative strategy, work scope and resource allocation.
Demonstrate an ability to grow business by efficiently addressing current needs and proactively challenge and address long-term and future needs of the clients.
Manage development needs of team members to maximize learning and productivity while minimizing turnover.
Consistently make decisions by focusing on what’s right for the agency; demonstrates maturity, ethics, integrity and fiscal responsibility; generates original ideas and demonstrates thought leadership to which team members can aspire.
Desired Skills And Experience
- On average, oversees client business with revenue(s) of up to $10MM
- Lead the team (or multiple teams) on strategic/business development and tactical implementation
- Develop and maintain strong client relations with all levels of client management, with focus on brand leads
- Lead new business pitches
- Identify and resolves client conflicts quickly and efficiently
- Proactively challenges and addresses client needs for long-term, future (i.e., beyond current/next sales period)
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities for agency
- Possess an intimate knowledge of the category markets to which their brands belong
- Thoroughly understand the brands, their strategic/relevant histories, and performance
- Appropriately interpret market research data
- Analyze and extract pertinent findings/issues from all available marketing data
- Lead all agency efforts and creative campaigns SO THAT THEY ARE in the best interest of building the brand; Lead creative and account teams in the development of breakthrough creative
- Thoroughly understand the brand positioning and the long-term brand vision
- Ensure all strategies, creative, and tactics developed support the brand positioning
- Set overall goals and timing.
- Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to Account team
- Encourage and provide growth and development to team members.
- Develop and manage staffing plan to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization
- Conducts performance reviews on staff
- Provides accurate and realistic forecasts for the group
- Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize income generation
- Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval
- Liaise with internal senior managers and all internal groups to ensure optimal client satisfaction, business development, and income potential
- Excel at public speaking/presentation skills to large groups