We are hiring VP, Account Directors for a 50-person healthcare PR agency, part of an expansive global network with offices in NYC & London. Their work spans corporate communications, product launches, celebrity and influencer campaigns and advocacy relations for a the pharmaceutical clients. Patient and consumer-facing campaigns are their focus, and some engagements also include physician/HCP audiences.
Several client teams are hiring, in areas ranging from oncology, diabetes and inflammatory diseases to vaccines, multiple sclerosis and rare disease.
This is a close-knit & collaborative culture comprised of career healthcare industry experts. Energetic and free from bureaucracy with a flexible WFH culture, e.g. minimum 2 days/wk WFH once things reopen.
Primary responsibilities include:
This role will be responsible for leading a large-scale client campaign and working closely with a cross-functional team of people from across the broader IPG network. The ideal candidate is curious and excited to experiment and explore new ideas/new channels, is proactive, resourceful, has an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys growing and cultivating staff.
- Serve as a primary PR contact for the client, address any issues, troubleshoot problems and provide strategic counsel
- Serve as partner to account SVP, proactively driving all elements of day-to-day forward with the team
- Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients and internal team
- Proactively handle client problems and issues quickly and adeptly
- Support development of new business initiatives
- Oversee integrated media specialists, ensuring the team delivers results
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to account team
- Develop and coach account team for peak performance
- Oversee budget, including identifying organic growth opportunities
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 8-9 years of experience in healthcare marketing, preferably on product campaigns for pharmaceutical brands, in PR agency setting
- Understanding of integrated agency teams (Earned Media, Social, Partnerships, Creative)
- Can promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational functions
- Can handle multiple deliverables at once
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and always focus on problem solving
- Outstanding communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in sculpting and telling a cohesive story